Large Speckled Play Mat - Mint
2m x 1.4m x 1.5cm thick
This fun yet subtle design is perfectly simplistic in the best way. Our Speckled Mint is a lovely addition to any room, with the gorgeous mint muted by cute white speckles and complemented by the Soft grey speckled reverse.
Makes floor play more comfortable for all aged children (and adults – yoga anyone?).
Suitable for Any Space:
Living rooms, playrooms, nurseries and kid’s rooms… the list goes on!
Shock-absorbent foam core, protects little ones from bumps and bruises on hard floors and provides insulation from cold floors
Great for play and super easy to wipe clean
Change up your decor by just flipping the mat over (who doesn’t love a two in one?!)
Also Available in:
- Round (approx): 1.4m diameter x 1.5cm thick
Is this a Gift?
We now have the option to add a Gift Tag by selecting an option from the menu bar above before adding to 'Check Out' - Available in Pink and Green
If the product is found to be defective or has a factory error, your Luxe Padded Play Mat is covered by a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase, with a valid receipt. Your product will be replaced at Munchkin and Bear's cost pending stock availability, this includes all related shipping costs.
The warranty is void however, if the defects are caused by improper use of the product or failure to follow the cleaning and care instructions as stated on our website.
Cleaning & Care Instructions
Cleaning our Luxe Padded Play Mats is simple:
- We only recommend to wipe clean with warm water and mild detergent/liquid soap with a damp microfibre cloth (just as you would clean your baby's high chair for example). Dry thoroughly after cleaning and before flipping over.
The following is not recommended:
- Do not use products with bleach, alcohol, natural citrus oils, essential oils or abrasive agents (e.g. Gumption) as they may damage or discolour the TPU mat coating. Some natural cleaning spray may also damage your play mat.
- Vigorous rubbing may damage and remove the top layer colour.
- Some baby wipe brands may cause damage or discolouration to the mat's surface.
- Avoid sharp, rough & hot materials from coming in contact with play mat (e.g. sharp heels or toys, stiff vacuum brush, boiling water).
- Pens, textas, crayons and permanent markers can stain the mat (and all your furniture!) permanently. Those budding Picassos can get a little too creative
- Not designed for prolonged sunlight/outdoor use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat.
- Pet claws and teeth may cause damage and are not covered under warranty.
- Heavy furniture on the play mat may cause permanent depressions.
- Do not steam clean.
Our mats have been created in conjunction with an Interior Designer, inspired by the latest trends. You will be proud to leave it on display in your home (even when the kids are in bed!)
- One-piece design (no annoying puzzle pieces that pull apart!)
- Double-sided. Reverse colour cannot be seen whilst play mats are laying flat.
- Paired-back, simple, classic designs to compliment your décor, not outshine it (NO bright primary colours or overstimulating childish designs!)
- Looks gorgeous as the background for your baby milestone insta pics (just saying!)
- Made of Non-toxic PU (polyurethane) memory foam, with a shock-absorbent, 1.5cm thick foam core and a durable, wipe clean topcoat.
- The use of PU (polyurethane) compared to PVC (poly-vinyl chloride) creates a safer play mat for your children, without the harmful and toxic chemicals, however still allows for a durable and hard-wearing mat which can be easily wiped clean.
Safety is incredibly important to us, as parents of small children ourselves. Our mats are independently tested (by both SGS & Austest/Intertek) to ensure they meet the most stringent safety standards. They are:
- Do not contain harmful heavy metals (such as lead or mercury) or toxic substances (such as formamide & formaldehyde, phthalates, BPA or endocrine disruptors).
- Exceed Australian and International safety standards (EN71-3)
- For more information, our full testing report can be found on our website.
Before First Use
- Remove packaging and discard away from children.
- Re-roll your play mat in the reverse direction, then lay it flat to allow the play mat to relax.
- Wipe clean with soft cloth or damp towel.
I was looking for a rug for our nursery and a friend mentioned they had one of these mats and have been loving it. I had a look and decided yeah, probably better to have something on the floor that I can easily wipe spills from, and would be cheaper than the rug I had my eye on. I preordered and waited for the shipment to come through, all the while thinking man I hope this mat is what they say it is otherwise I’ve been waiting a while for nothing... anyway it’s arrived when my Bub was about 5.5mo, and up to this point she had very little interest in rolling and hated tummy time with a passion, wouldn’t use her arms to push herself up and generally flailed and wailed on her stomach. Well! First few days of having this mat she is pushing her chest right up off the mat and will tolerate being on her front for far longer than before! The mat is so much thicker than I thought, I can kneel on it while holding bub and walk on my knees without any pain, even my mum can too! The colour is gorgeous, great size, easy to clean, so comfortable, not super heavy, and it’s really making a big difference to bubs tummy time. Absolutely A+++ for quality and 100% worth the wait!
I had been researching and looking for a playmat for a long time and landed on this one from Munchkin & Bear. Absolutely no regrets! The quality, design and size of this mat is everything I needed. And the customer service was spot on and so helpful - they got my mat on the earlier shipment when the courier had to lap back around.
I really love these mats. They are so comfortable and make it easier for me to sit on a hard floor to play with my 3 grandchildren. The colours and designs are beautiful too.
We’d tried a few other types of play mats before but they were either not thick/big enough, shock absorbent enough, or they weren’t baby proof enough and were easily destroyed by our teething munchkin. This one was perfect!! It was huge enough to cover our entire play pen area, and because it was all in one piece, couldn’t be picked up and moved/dragged by our little one. And whilst it wasn’t super thick, the compression and shock absorption were definitely enough to protect from falls and head bumps! So worth it and I would happily get more mats for different parts of the house!