Round Speckled Play Mat - Mint
(Reverse side - Soft Grey Speckled)
SIZE: (approx) 1.4m diameter x 1.5cm thick
This fun yet subtle design is perfectly simplistic in the best way. Our Speckled Mint is a lovely addition to any room, with the gorgeous pink muted by cute white speckles and complemented by the Soft grey speckled reverse.
Makes floor play more comfortable for all aged children (and adults – yoga anyone?).
Suitable for Any Space:
Living rooms, playrooms, nurseries and kid’s rooms… the list goes on!
Shock-absorbent foam core, protects little ones from bumps and bruises on hard floors and provides insulation from cold floors
Great for play and super easy to wipe clean
Change up your decor by just flipping the mat over (who doesn’t love a two in one?!)
Also Available in:
Large (Rectangular) (approx): 2m x 1.4m x 1.5cm thick
Medium (Rectangular) (approx): 1m x 1.4m x 1.5cm thick
Is this a Gift?
We now have the option to add a Gift Tag by selecting an option from the menu bar above before adding to 'Check Out'
If the product is found to be defective or has a factory error, your Luxe Padded Play Mat is covered by a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase, with a valid receipt. Your product will be replaced at Munchkin and Bear's cost pending stock availability, this includes all related shipping costs. The warranty is void however, if the defects are caused by improper use of the product or failure to follow the cleaning and care instructions as stated on our website.
Cleaning Care Instructions
Cleaning our Luxe Padded Play Mats is simple:
- We only recommend to wipe clean with warm water and mild detergent/liquid soap with a damp microfibre cloth (just as you would clean your baby's high chair for example). Dry thoroughly after cleaning and before flipping over.
The following is not recommended:
- Do not use products with bleach, alcohol, natural citrus oils, essential oils or abrasive agents (e.g. Gumption) as they may damage or discolour the TPU mat coating.
- Some natural cleaning spray may also damage your play mat.
- Vigorous rubbing may damage and remove the top layer colour.
- Some baby wipe brands may cause damage or discolouration to the mat's surface. Avoid sharp, rough hot materials from coming in contact with play mat (e.g. sharp heels or toys, stiff vacuum brush, boiling water).
- Pens, textas, crayons and permanent markers can stain the mat (and all your furniture!) permanently. Those budding Picassos can get a little too creative sometimes!
- Not designed for prolonged sunlight/outdoor use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat. Pet claws and teeth may cause damage and are not covered under warranty.
- Heavy furniture on the play mat may cause permanent depressions.
- Do not steam clean.
Our mats have been created in conjunction with an Interior Designer, inspired by the latest trends. You will be proud to leave it on display in your home (even when the kids are in bed!)
- One-piece design (no annoying puzzle pieces that pull apart!)
- Double-sided. Reverse colour cannot be seen whilst play mats are laying flat.
- Paired-back, simple, classic designs to compliment your décor, not outshine it (NO bright primary colours or overstimulating childish designs!)
- Looks gorgeous as the background for your baby milestone insta pics (just saying!)
- Made of Non-toxic TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) memory foam, with a shock-absorbent, 1.5cm thick foam core and a durable, wipe clean topcoat.
- The use of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) compared to PVC (poly-vinyl chloride) creates a safer play mat for your children, without the harmful and toxic chemicals, however still allows for a durable and hard-wearing mat which can be easily wiped clean.
Safety is incredibly important to us, as parents of small children ourselves. Our mats are independently tested (by both SGS Austest/Intertek) to ensure they meet the most stringent safety standards. They are:
- Do not contain harmful heavy metals (such as lead or mercury) or toxic substances (such as formamide formaldehyde, phthalates, BPA or endocrine disruptors).
- Exceed Australian and International safety standards (EN71-3)
- For more information, our full testing report can be found on our website.
Before First Use
- Remove packaging and discard away from children.
- Re-roll your play mat in the reverse direction, then lay it flat to allow the play mat to relax.
- Wipe clean with soft cloth or damp towel.
My little one was about 3 months old when I started looking for something soft for her to play on because our floor is tiled and therefore very hard. I was very conscious of this as a play surface and was reluctant to lay her on the floor. A friend had recommended these play mats and it has been the best recommendation that I have ever received. From the first day my little one laid on it, she finally enjoyed tummy time and loved the sound her feet made when tapping on it. The mat is so soft that we also like sitting on it when playing with her. It’s easy to clean and works well with our lounge room decor. We love it!
After looking at a few cheaper options in other stores (as well as more expensive options online) I fell in love with this print and decided to pre-order. I was so excited when my play mat arrived. The colours are perfect (looks just like in the pictures) and I love that it’s reversible. The mat is also so thick and squishy - perfect for my son’s tummy time and cushions his head on our floorboards when he’s lying down and learning to sit up. It’s also so good for my knees when I’m sitting with him.
I missed out on a release earlier in the year and I didn’t have anything for my daughter to do tummy time on comfortably as my house is all floorboards. I found a foam mat at my local baby retailer and thought that my munchkin mat would be exactly the same... man was I wrong! I was immediately in awe of how thick, soft and squidgey the foam is! It is like stepping onto a cloud. My daughter is now sitting unassisted and trying to crawl and sit up and I have no worries about her hurting her head or any other part of her little body if she tumbles on this mat. I will be selling off my other mat and definitely ordering a couple more munchkin mats! Thank you for making such a beautiful product!
We bought this mat as our six-sided VeeBee playpen didn't come with any floor padding. It fit well inside (not flush) and now that our son has outgrown the playpen we use the mat by itself as another soft place to sit and play with toys. I like that we can flip both this and the large mat we got upside down and change up the looks.