Medium Scandi-Stars Play Mat - Powder Blue
Our Powder Blue Scandi Stars design is a perfect balance of pattern and simplicity. This gorgeous play mat (with our Soft Grey reverse) will blend seamlessly into any interior whilst being the padded play space we all need.
Makes floor play more comfortable for all aged children (and adults – yoga anyone?).
Suitable for Any Space:
Living rooms, playrooms, nurseries and kid’s rooms… the list goes on!
Shock-absorbent foam core, protects little ones from bumps and bruises on hard floors and provides insulation from cold floors
Great for play and super easy to wipe clean
Change up your decor by just flipping the mat over (who doesn’t love a two in one?!)
Also Available in:
Large (approx): 2m x 1.4m x 1.5cm thick
Is this a Gift?
We now have the option to add a Gift Tag by selecting an option from the menu bar above before adding to 'Check Out'
If the product is found to be defective or has a factory error, your Luxe Padded Play Mat is covered by a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase, with a valid receipt. Your product will be replaced at Munchkin and Bear's cost pending stock availability, this includes all related shipping costs. The warranty is void however, if the defects are caused by improper use of the product or failure to follow the cleaning and care instructions as stated on our website.
Cleaning Care Instructions
Cleaning our Luxe Padded Play Mats is simple:
- We only recommend to wipe clean with warm water and mild detergent/liquid soap with a damp microfibre cloth (just as you would clean your baby's high chair for example). Dry thoroughly after cleaning and before flipping over.
The following is not recommended:
- Do not use products with bleach, alcohol, natural citrus oils, essential oils or abrasive agents (e.g. Gumption) as they may damage or discolour the TPU mat coating.
- Some natural cleaning spray may also damage your play mat.
- Vigorous rubbing may damage and remove the top layer colour.
- Some baby wipe brands may cause damage or discolouration to the mat's surface. Avoid sharp, rough hot materials from coming in contact with play mat (e.g. sharp heels or toys, stiff vacuum brush, boiling water).
- Pens, textas, crayons and permanent markers can stain the mat (and all your furniture!) permanently. Those budding Picassos can get a little too creative sometimes!
- Not designed for prolonged sunlight/outdoor use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat. Pet claws and teeth may cause damage and are not covered under warranty.
- Heavy furniture on the play mat may cause permanent depressions.
- Do not steam clean.
Our mats have been created in conjunction with an Interior Designer, inspired by the latest trends. You will be proud to leave it on display in your home (even when the kids are in bed!)
- One-piece design (no annoying puzzle pieces that pull apart!)
- Double-sided. Reverse colour cannot be seen whilst play mats are laying flat.
- Paired-back, simple, classic designs to compliment your décor, not outshine it (NO bright primary colours or overstimulating childish designs!)
- Looks gorgeous as the background for your baby milestone insta pics (just saying!)
- Made of Non-toxic TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) memory foam, with a shock-absorbent, 1.5cm thick foam core and a durable, wipe clean topcoat.
- The use of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) compared to PVC (poly-vinyl chloride) creates a safer play mat for your children, without the harmful and toxic chemicals, however still allows for a durable and hard-wearing mat which can be easily wiped clean.
Safety is incredibly important to us, as parents of small children ourselves. Our mats are independently tested (by both SGS Austest/Intertek) to ensure they meet the most stringent safety standards. They are:
- Do not contain harmful heavy metals (such as lead or mercury) or toxic substances (such as formamide formaldehyde, phthalates, BPA or endocrine disruptors).
- Exceed Australian and International safety standards (EN71-3)
- For more information, our full testing report can be found on our website.
Before First Use
- Remove packaging and discard away from children.
- Re-roll your play mat in the reverse direction, then lay it flat to allow the play mat to relax.
- Wipe clean with soft cloth or damp towel.
Looks great, so comfy for baby to lie on and for me play next to bubs, easy to clean after spills, and perfect for stretching on after a long day of being a mama, way better than any yoga mat I've ever had :) I have had the mat about 8 months now and is used daily and I would recommend it to anyone
Worth the wait and the $$ (and turns out I didn't have to wait that long as the shipment arrived early and the team had it on the delivery van the next day on its way #dream team) Pre-ordered the large Scandi-Stars mat in Powder Blue and it is simply beautiful. like a lot of other new moms prior to getting this mat, I had a small slightly cushioned play mat with a play activity attached for my little one and although it did the job, it was uncomfortable to get down and spend long periods of time on the floor with her - in comes the Munchkin and Bear mat - problem solved. My little one was rolling within a few weeks with all the tummy time she was doing, and I am more than comfortable to get down on the floor with her. Most worthwhile investment to date.
We bought this mat when Bub was a few months old- its definitely been one of the most used items! Great for tummy time, and as Bub has grown older, ideal for building blocks etc (and protects our carpet from snack-related mess!). Great quality, and looks beautiful.
I bought 3 big mats and I was very happy with them for about 3 months. After that time they just became extremly soft to the point that falling on them hurts. It may be that the batch I got my mats from was faulty or something like that, but we never put any furniture on mats or any other heavy object to soften them. It is a bit disappointing that joy lasted only for a while. Saying that, the product is too expensive - almost $500 for 3 months of joy.
Munchkin & Bear Response
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and my apologies for the delay in replying to you - we are a team of Mums that work part-time! I am sorry for the experience you have had with our product - we haven't actually seen this issue before (and have sent out over 30,000 play mats over our 4 years in business) and I do understand your frustration as three mats is definitely an investment! Play mat brands also come in different densities and whilst some are very hard and PVC based, our product has a softer memory foam that is non toxic and whilst it has excellent protective qualities it is also naturally softer and squishier. Our founder and many, many customers use their mats everyday and have had them for years with no problems at all. We are so sorry to hear that yours didn't meet your expectations. Our customer service team will be in touch with you via email today to discuss this further and help you out with a solution. Team M&B