Large Scandi-Stars Play Mat - Dark Grey
(Reverse side - Soft Grey Scandi Stars)
SIZE: (approx) 2m x 1.4m x 1.5cm thick
Our Dark Grey Scandi Stars design is a perfect balance of pattern and simplicity. This gorgeous play mat (with our Soft Grey reverse) will blend seamlessly into any interior whilst being the padded play space we all need. The Scandi-Stars design was actually the first style we launched and it has quickly become a best-seller!
Makes floor play more comfortable for all aged children (and adults – yoga anyone?).
Suitable for Any Space:
Living rooms, playrooms, nurseries and kid’s rooms… the list goes on!
Shock-absorbent foam core, protects little ones from bumps and bruises on hard floors and provides insulation from cold floors
Great for play and super easy to wipe clean
Change up your decor by just flipping the mat over (who doesn’t love a two in one?!)
Also Available in:
- Medium (approx): 1.4m x 1m x 1.5cm thick
Is this a Gift?
We now have the option to add a Gift Tag by selecting an option from the menu bar above before adding to 'Check Out'
Please note: colour and size may vary. If you are after multiple matching play mats, please order them at the same time.
If the product is found to be defective or has a factory error, your Luxe Padded Play Mat is covered by a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase, with a valid receipt. Your product will be replaced at Munchkin and Bear's cost pending stock availability, this includes all related shipping costs. The warranty is void however, if the defects are caused by improper use of the product or failure to follow the cleaning and care instructions as stated on our website.
Cleaning Care Instructions
Cleaning our Luxe Padded Play Mats is simple:
- We only recommend to wipe clean with warm water and mild detergent/liquid soap with a damp microfibre cloth (just as you would clean your baby's high chair for example). Dry thoroughly after cleaning and before flipping over.
The following is not recommended:
- Do not use products with bleach, alcohol, natural citrus oils, essential oils or abrasive agents (e.g. Gumption) as they may damage or discolour the TPU mat coating.
- Some natural cleaning spray may also damage your play mat.
- Vigorous rubbing may damage and remove the top layer colour.
- Some baby wipe brands may cause damage or discolouration to the mat's surface. Avoid sharp, rough hot materials from coming in contact with play mat (e.g. sharp heels or toys, stiff vacuum brush, boiling water).
- Pens, textas, crayons and permanent markers can stain the mat (and all your furniture!) permanently. Those budding Picassos can get a little too creative sometimes!
- Not designed for prolonged sunlight/outdoor use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat. Pet claws and teeth may cause damage and are not covered under warranty.
- Heavy furniture on the play mat may cause permanent depressions.
- Do not steam clean.
Our mats have been created in conjunction with an Interior Designer, inspired by the latest trends. You will be proud to leave it on display in your home (even when the kids are in bed!)
- One-piece design (no annoying puzzle pieces that pull apart!)
- Double-sided. Reverse colour cannot be seen whilst play mats are laying flat.
- Paired-back, simple, classic designs to compliment your décor, not outshine it (NO bright primary colours or overstimulating childish designs!)
- Looks gorgeous as the background for your baby milestone insta pics (just saying!)
- Made of Non-toxic TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) memory foam, with a shock-absorbent, 1.5cm thick foam core and a durable, wipe clean topcoat.
- The use of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) compared to PVC (poly-vinyl chloride) creates a safer play mat for your children, without the harmful and toxic chemicals, however still allows for a durable and hard-wearing mat which can be easily wiped clean.
Safety is incredibly important to us, as parents of small children ourselves. Our mats are independently tested (by both SGS Austest/Intertek) to ensure they meet the most stringent safety standards. They are:
- Do not contain harmful heavy metals (such as lead or mercury) or toxic substances (such as formamide formaldehyde, phthalates, BPA or endocrine disruptors).
- Exceed Australian and International safety standards (EN71-3)
- For more information, our full testing report can be found on our website.
Before First Use
- Remove packaging and discard away from children.
- Re-roll your play mat in the reverse direction, then lay it flat to allow the play mat to relax.
- Wipe clean with soft cloth or damp towel.
|Brand||Munchkin & Bear|
I absolutely love our playmat! Having spent a lot of time playing on it (and more than a few nights sleeping), it was the first thing I bought for our nursery round 2. They look beautiful, are incredibly easy to clean and very comfy, definitely recommend!
We absolutely love our mat - it's perfect for babies from when they're newborns to learning to crawl and walk (our two kids have done their first rolls and crawls on Munchkin and Bear mats!) but I also love it to sit on myself - whether I'm playing with the kids or watching TV. Everyone who comes into our place comments on how lovely and squishy it is. And I love this pattern. Definitely recommend.
I did quite a bit of research to find a play mat that ticked all the boxes - non toxic, wipeable, good size, right colour etc. and then was very disappointed to find that the pick of the bunch, the Munchkin and Bear grey, scandi large mat was sold out! I did go back to the drawing board but frankly, there was nothing else that I wanted so I went on the waiting list and was very excited to finally receive it - the mat has certainly lived up to expectations and my little one loves it. We also love that it suits and fits his room perfectly, we love that we can wipe it,, we love that it is perfectly padded and has helped him get to his next milestone of crawling and we love that it is a simple but classy colour and design - I think we'd love to have one in every room!!
Great size for our space and is such a lovely design and colour. Bub loves it as he has more freedom to roll around and not worry about hurting his head so frequently! I also love it for yoga! I just move bub’s toys during his nap and no need to roll anything else out. Bub and I often spend time just lying around together on the mat - feels lovely underfoot too. Quick delivery and good communication. Would definitely recommend this product. Thanks!